Monday, June 6

Recycling & Up-cycling with a vengeance !!!


Good morning my dears,  I've been working on a project for 
the past fewdays and I'll tell you it nearly went out the window
a few times, not because it was particularly difficult but
I only had 2 12 x 12 sheets of my precious Maja Designs
Sofiero Princess Margareta's Garden and  2 sheets of 
Sofiero The Elegant Wine House papers.  
I so wanted it all to fit every element I was transforming.  
Sadly It wasn't enough and I had to use some Vintage Summer Basics for the jars!!!!


First let me tell you that I was motivated by the lovely Shilpa (Craftangelonline) 
who posted her up-cycled double fronted jewellery box over on her Youtube channel HERE
My altered jewellery box is very plain compared to Shilpa's but I love it.  

  I'm one of Shilpa's many subscribers as I love her shabby chic and vintage style. 
 Anyway's I will try my best to explain how I've achieved this transformation 
using only paper, acrylic pain and Frantage. 

It all started when I found a very similar wooden jewellery cabinet
 in my local charity shop for £1.00 I forgot to take a picture of it before I started
the treatment but everything is exactly the same dimensions the only difference is the 
glass front.  The one I bought had a different flower


Hopefully these pictures will tell you the story of how this piece has been transformed.



Once I had painted every single inch (3 coats with heavy duty Gesso, I then cut the paper to size 
and started covering it inside and outside, the drawers have been lined too the handles removed and then re attached.  I took out the little rotating wheel in the roof painted and heat embossed it and
then re attached it to hold my pearl strings. 






 The little jars hold buttons, cabochon's, resin flowers, miniature clothes pegs etc 
but they started out holding my salad dressings!!!!!
 I know - "I'm Crazy" lol.   Here is how they started before I washed and sterilised them, 
painted the lids and then heat embossed them
using vintage white frantage. I used some vintage summer
basics and made belly bands for the jars.






Thank you so much for taking the time to come and visit, I hope you
enjoyed my recycled/up-cycled project. 

Hugs



Challenges Entered:

Creative Artiste Challenge:  Anything Goes with mixed media
Quick Quotes Challenge:  Upcycle 
Altered Eclectics:  Anything Goes - Altered Art/Mixed Media.  No cards 
Card and Scrap Challenge:  Altered 
Rhedds Creative Spirit: Anything Goes with Mixed Media. 



18 comments:

  1. Wow! A fantastic transformation, the end result is so elegant, love it! Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month, Jane :) X (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! Good job on the hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Wow this is just stunning, your work is just beautiful. The attention to detail is just stunning
    thanks for joining our challenge over at
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au/
    Debbie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fantastic, I love those jars too. I've got a little cupboard being meaning to do for years,Byou're given me the inspiration to get in with it.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty ~ and a great set together. Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! This is my kind of project! I have a bunch of these that I rescued from the Goodwill! Thanks for giving me some inspiration. Your project could be found on the shelf of one of those little boutiques! Great job and we enjoyed seeing it at Altered Eclectics!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I love it! This was clearly a labour of love. All your hard work and patience has really paid off its just gorgeous.
    So glad you joined us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge this month.
    Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you did a fantastic job! thank you so much for sharing this with us at Quick Quotes this month! Next time I see and old outdated jewelry box I am going to remember this!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see this has been altered with a lot of love,it really is gorgeous..
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Challenge...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is gorgeous, Suzi, love it!!!
    Thank you for being with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit!!!
    Hugs,
    Arlette DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning altered box. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is absolutely stunning.♥
    Thank you so much for joining us at Card and Scrap.
    Hugs Line.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderfully transformed project. Lovely papers and details.
    Thank you for joining in with the June challenge "Anything Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Suzi this is lovely. I'm sure using it will give you pleasure for many years. Thank you for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is just stunning, alot of work you have put into it and is just beautiful
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge over at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog, we hope to see you join in again...
    Hugs Rhonda DT & Owner xxx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

    Creative Artiste Challenge Blog
    creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Caroline Clapton28 July 2016 at 21:00

    Wow what a transformation. A truly inspirational item xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx