Wednesday, November 26

My first Tussie Mussie



Hello my dears,  I've been working on this project for a few days now, but I've been waiting for a few items to finish it off and they came today.  

I'd better tell you that this post is a bit photo heavy.  I can't think of any other way to show you the different angles and size of my first ever (definitely not the last) Tussie Mussie


From This 


To This 


This is quite a large Tussie Mussie as you can see by the 12" ruler
A multitude of embellishments, dies, bling, lace, fran-tage, stampin etc etc has been used to decorate it.  I'm not going to go into every tiny bit used !! we would be here all day!  lol  I'll pop a list of items used at the bottom of my post for you.


I'm going to be filling this with lots of little Christmas surprises for the recipient. She can then hang it up as a Christmas decoration if she wants

If you want to have a go at making one of these then just scoot over to Youtube and type in Tussie Mussie tutorial.  there are tons. I took my lead from Roseanne on how to create the basic shape.






I hope you enjoyed visiting and the many pictures didn't take up too much of your time.  I promise not to take so many the next time.

In the meantime I wish you all wonderful crafty day

Hugzees

Challenges Entered:

Marvelous Magnolias:  Anything Goes Christmas 
Deep Ocean Challenge:  Shabby Chic 
Craft Room Challenge:  Christmas Decoration
Timbro scrap Mania:  Christmas is coming 
Without Words: Preparing for Christmas 
Stamping Sensations:  Simply Christmas 




Items Used:

Image: Magnolia Mini Tilda with Christmas Candle from the Waiting for Christmas 2014 collection. Coloured with ShinHanart markers and Derwent pencils. 
Magnolia Doohickey Feather Die and Wings Die


Resin Cameo frame - I heat embossed it with vintage white frantage
Faux 6 row Diamante trim - I cut it into 1 single strip to go round the tussie mussie and 2 strips for the top outside and inside edge.


Other items: No links
Designer Papers are 12 x 12  Tim Holtz Crowded Attic
Large organza flower - made by me
linen flower with trim - made by me
Air dry clay roses and flowers - made by me using moulds and Martha Stewart air dry clay

Lots of snowtex, glamour dust, Gesso and distress ink pad for staining.



19 comments:

  1. Fantastic Suzi, wonderful work, love it!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is wonderful, Suzi. So many pretties on it. I would love to make one.
    Thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugz,
    Cath

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a charming Christmas to remember.
    So many wonderful things and beautiful!
    Gr.Kaija<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Suzi, such a beautiful creation, I love all those super lush embellies, I have never seen one of these before, but I love it, such a feast for the eyes honey!!!!
    Cuddles Jay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is stunning Suzi, I'd never heard of this before but will definately have a ago, I just love all the vintage bits and pieces, just beautiful my friend, I'm sure someone is going to be very very happy
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzi this is AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!!
    It takes my breath away.............

    Big Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous - I'll have to have a go! really nice, thanks for sharing Suzie! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness, how absolutely GORGEOUS!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. First time?
    It is awesome
    gorgeous work Suzi
    bravo
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG OMG OMG ! This is totally awesome Suzi ! The colours, the embellishments... Everything is gorgeous ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your first Tussie Mussie is gorgeous!!! Perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG this is just GORGEOUS Suzi! You are SO talented and your creations continue to inspire me!
    Thanks so much for playing in our ‘CHRISTMAS’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! I've never heard of a Tussie Mussie before! Another creative first from your very talented hands. Some one is going to have their a socks blessed off when they receive this! Bravo, hugs Barb

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!This is absolutely fabulous..... I love it. I will have to try this.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such gorgeous eye candy to feast on! I love what you did, I have always wanted to try one. Yours is so awesome, I really love the vintage features and all the goodies everywhere.
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love so much ...great work
    meraviglioso
    Thanks for joining us at Marvellous Magnolia
    xoxo Tiziana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning creations.. love all the pretty details that you used..
    thank you for joining with us at MARVELOUS MAGNOLIA challenge

    Xoxo,
    Kiki Foe

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is magnificent! I love the color scheme and all the embellishments. Such a stunning project. Thank you for it with us at Stamping Sensation. I hope you join with us again in our new challenge.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this is gorgeous! Beautifully done! Nancee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and leave me some love, I may not be able to thank you all personally but it means the world to me reading your lovely comments.
Suzi xx